Search This Blog

Saturday 22 July 2017

Scanning and photography

The past few weeks we have been busy with different project formats. We have a negative tranparency restoration project which is quite involved but great fun too! There were slides to scan and a vhs video restoration and transfer.
It never ceases to amaze me how many photographs and slides people have tucked away and its great that they are coming out and being restored to view on TV and computer. I feel honoured to be a part of that process and really appreciate the feedback we get.
Anyway with all this going on we needed to get a short break and take some photos👍

We drove down to Mumbles. The weather was overcast but warm with a fairly gentle breeze. I had taken the Nikon D7100, one of my favourite 'heavies'. It was armed with a 55-200 dx lens and vr. My objective was to see how the lens was performing in my hands under these conditions. I am in two minds whether to take this lens with me on a camping holiday or not. If you have any thoughts I would appreciate your feedback.


Mumbles pier
'

Strata

Barnacles and seaweed

And er what exactly are these....?




It was good to get out and get some fresh air. Our trip to Mumbles was fun and I intend to go back with my Rolleicord to Oystermouth Castle, when the weather is a little brighter.

Till next time, David.



No comments:

Post a Comment